Disclaimer: The information below is for educational purposes only and may not be used as legal, business, or financial advice. Consult with your local Houston Texas based financial advisers or attorneys before making any major financial decisions.
If you’re looking for a debt consolidation loan in Houston Texas but you have no idea where to start, this page will provide you with sources and locations, whether you have a good credit rating or a bad credit rating.
Where can I get a debt consolidation loan in Houston Texas?
Sources for debt consolidation loans in Houston Texas are:
- National bank branches located in Houston Tx
- Community bank branches located in Houston Tx
- Credits union branches located in Houston Tx
- Title loan lenders located in Houston Tx
Locations where you can get a debt consolidation loan in Houston Texas
Map of bank branches (good credit)
Map of community banks (good credit)
Map of credit unions (fair to good credit)
Map of title loan lenders (bad credit)
Now that you know the most common lending sources of debt consolidation loans in Houston, their map locations, and which lenders (banks, credit unions, community banks, title loan lenders) are most likely to approve your application based on your personal credit history, you may be asking:
- What is a title loan? A title loan is when you use a vehicle you own as collateral. In other words, if you default on your loan the Houston-based title loan provider can legally repossess your vehicle. However, in most cases the lender will offer to extend your loan term, or charge you extra fees and/or penalties.
- What if I have bad credit and don’t have any assets or vehicles I can use for collateral? In a case where none of the above Houston-based sources will approve your loan due to a low credit score, or because you have no accessible collateral assets (e.g. – vehicles) you might be able to borrow from a family member or friend. If that’s not an option you can see what your employer’s policies are regarding payroll advances. Some employers, in some cases, will give you an advance on your future earnings. Depending on your situation, these options may be your first or last resort.
- What if I have an eligible co-signer? If you have cosigner you will have more choices when looking for a consolidation loan.
We hope this information is helpful on your quest to consolidate your debt. We will be adding more questions specific to Space City in the future. For example, “what is the fastest debt consolidation loan in Houston Texas“, or “which lender is the best”.
Feel free to contact us if you live in Houston and would like to see a specific question answered regarding debt solutions in your city.
Written by Catherine Dean B.Soc.Sc, M.Math.
Catherine “Cats” Dean is a research analyst and author specializing in finance and financial data analytics. She holds a Bachelor of Social Science degree, and a Masters of Mathematics. You can follower her on Twitter @CatsLovesStats